World of women @Kudlu slum off Hosur Road . 91% of domestic workers not paid during lockdown and 24 PER CENT DOMESTIC WORKERS LOST JOB PERMANENTLY TO COVID-19.
As coronavirus cases continue to increase in India, taking a toll on the economy and daily life. The pandemic has pushed the girls and women into greater vulnerability, as they require products related to menstruation. To address this issue, world of women is providing sanitary pads to women in many slums in Bangalore. It is also spreading awareness around menstruation and COVID-19.
Wow president Nirmala Nayak talked about how these Project has been functioning post pandemic and these women are relieved that some one could hear their inner turmoil related to getting pads but also knowledge about menstrual health . All their questions about menstrual health and covid was addressed by Nirmala Nayak on Saturday 19th September in Association with Urjavya foundation .
Urjavya Foundation mainly works on livelihood creation, gender equality and education.We work to promote social change for local people.Our NGO plays a critical role in developing society, improving communities and promoting citizen participation.
Projects undertaken :
1. SHG formation( Total 15, per SHG 10 women ), Entrepreneurship Training, Help with seed fund
2. Tailoring Training ( Per batch 30)=> Helping with market connect, Organizing corporate stall for selling the products
3. Mushroom Farming Training with the help of Mushroom Theory organization and Horticulture institute
4. Planning for local food product selling by Quality check ( FSSAI certificate ) and support from CFTRI
5. Bio-enzyme and natural Soap making
6. Connecting the marginalized groups ( Transgender , Specially abled ) to various central / state welfare schemes by partnering with Haqdarshak Organization.
7. Educative session on Menstruation Hygiene to women and procuring Sanitary Pads for distribution.
8. Grocery / Mask / Immunity Kit distribution during the Covid Lockdown
9. Online classes for Students from the community
10. Planning for Coding classes
11. Training the students for NMMS exam and Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance
12. Connecting the eligible students to various Scholarship schemes by partnering with Buddy4Study organization.
Contact Urjavya – +918748087280